Saturday, June 25, 2011

Success Comes In Cans

Success comes in cans, not in cannots.

I can be proud of my training.
I can feel accomplished with how far I have come.
I can accept that my health and well being is extremely important.
I can support other runners. I can support meaningful causes.
I can remember the goals I hit along the way. I can encourage others.

I can appreciate the support I have received. I can still love running.
I can look forward to my return to the shoes. I can be at the finish line.
I can cheer. I can celebrate. I can feel the spirit in the air on race day.
I can set new goals. I can challenge. I can be challenged.

I can feel a little sad that I'm not crossing the line tomorrow. I can be happy for those that do.
I can visualize the power behind my strides when I get to finish my half marathon.
I can high five the finishers. I can high five my family who journeys with me.
I can enjoy an amazing event that brings communities together.
I can be grateful for all the special moments along my journey as a runner.

I can realize that my journey as a runner has just begun.
I can smile at all the seasoned runners that cross the line first.
I can smile at all the runners that cross the line last.
I can smile at all the runners in between.
I can smile at the runner in the mirror who stares at me with such gratitude.
I can thank her for not giving up.
I can look to the future with her.
I can thank her for saying "When can I?" instead of "I cannot".
I can be successful.
I am a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment