Sunday, June 12, 2011

Got Your "Bak"?



One thing that has made my running experience much easier has been the encouragement and support of my family.






So, it was a delight when, for my very first Mother's Day this year, they gave me a gift that has made my running experience even more enjoyable. My daughter (perhaps with a little help from my husband) gave me a CamelBak Hydration Pack.






If I had to review this item with one word... wow.






I have never run out of water while running, I don't even feel the pack on me as I run. There is no bulk of a waist belt with water bottles bouncing against my body. I don't have to wear a jacket on hot days in order to keep a small water bottle in my pocket. I don't have to stop during "race day" runs to hydrate out of paper cups that litter the ground. Nor do I have to learn how to drink while running so as not to spill, find a spot to "pull over" in order to stop and chug back my cup of water, or plan minutes in advance my crowd navigation skills to make it over to a hydration station (and back into the flow again). No more playing frogger with other runners or drinkers.






Quite simply, I get to just run, sip, run. Fantastic.






No comments:

Post a Comment