Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday tempo run

So it's day 3 of following the Forerunners Training Guide and today calls for a tempo run: "2.5K warm up and 4 X 5min repeats with 90 sec recovery, 1.5K cool down - 9K total aproximately".  It was raining and didn't look like would stop so I bundled Natallie up and strapped her down and headed out for my very first tempo run. I couldn't look at my running timer app thing because it was raining and I didn't want my iPod to get wet so I kept my iPod in my pocket and just ran a block as fast as I could pushing the stroller and then walked the next block for my recovery. Does that count as a tempo run? After I did that for 5 blocks, I decided to just run. I thought I would be so tired since Natallie had me up at 6:30am but maybe this training is actually working because at the end of my 10K run, I felt great! Then when I got home, it was part 2 of my workout: taking Natallie to her swim class. The swim lesson is in the shallow end of Killarney Pool and to keep Natallie afloat, I have to be in a squatted position the entire time (great quad work-out for me!) What a fantastic day: a 10K run and a great time at the pool. All smiles for mom and baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment