Friday, May 11, 2012

Thank you Asics and Forerunners

The day after I finished my first 20K, I got all the gear that I won for being a Joe Runner. I was so stoked to get my new Asics shoes on. Aren't they fabulous? I also got an Asics shirt, short and socks. Plus a $100 to Forerunners on West 4th. I went this week and picked up a fuel belt, a long sleeved performance running shirt and a variety of different gels. I am so pumped now. Thank you Asics and Forerunners!

Unfortunately, the morning after my 20K last week, I woke up and could barely walk because my right knee was feeling so stiff and sore. By Tuesday, I could walk but my knee still didn't feel quite right but I was so stoked to break in my new runners, I have been walking in my new Asics all week. I did a slow 9K today and made time to stretch after my run. I hope I haven't injured it too badly. Do you stretch before you run or do you wait after 10 minutes or so after you're warmed up? What about post-run, what are some good stretches after a good work-out?

No comments:

Post a Comment