Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back on track




I admit that I haven't been running as much as I should be and that needs to change if I'm going to be in shape to run the half-marathon in 8 weeks. So I printed out the Forerunners Training Schedule and it's officially posted on my fridge, the first week of training on that schedule is March 19th...oops, I guess I should of started following the guide earlier. Oh well, better late than never. So I dived right in to Week 8.  And today it says I should do an easy run at a relaxed/steady pace, approximately 11km. So instead of having Natallie nap in her crib, I strapped her in the jogging stroller and we went for a run together instead. I started at my house and then ran up Matheson hill and took the Grey Gum Trail where there is a safe overpass over Boundary road and then up Joffre street to Central Park. I don't run Central Park very often so I got a bit mixed up and confused with all the trails. I meant to run about 9 KM around the trail and then head back but by the time I did 9K I was so turned around and lost I ended up doing almost 12 before I realized where I was and got on track to go home. In total, I ended up doing 14KM! Yah! That is my longest run yet! And I feel great! I decided that once I complete a run, I can highlight it and after I complete X number of runs I can reward myself with something. How do you keep yourself motivated? Do you work towards rewards? 
Yes! 14.1 km!

No comments:

Post a Comment