Friday, May 18, 2012

Remember sunscreen!

Long weekend! Time for lots of running, right? Saturday's run is 18K, and I will try to remember sunscreen this time -- I have a nice little burn from last Saturday. Turns out running for more almost two hours in the middle of the day on a sunny Saturday without sunscreen is not the best idea. Oops.

One thing I've noticed since starting my training is that it's a lot easier than I thought it would be to get my runs in. I worried that that training would take over my life and I would miss out on social events for several months leading up to the half, but it's not actually that bad. My post-work runs during the week aren't too long and really, I'd just be checking Facebook during that time anyway. I can move them around to a different day if I have a softball game that conflicts with a scheduled run. And my long runs on the weekend are early enough that my boyfriend is still in bed when I leave, and still in his pyjamas reading when I get back. We still have enough of the day left to do whatever we had planned. Some weeks are busier than others, of course, but overall the training is less time-consuming than everyone thinks it will be.

Now I need to plan my route for my 18K run! Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment