Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Good News


I found out today that I am stress fracture free! :) I couldn’t be more happy and excited to get back into a regular running routine. The important thing for me is to ease back into it and not push my leg. I am looking forward to the group run tomorrow at forerunners.

I went to Bikram Yoga today after work and it absolutely kicked my butt. Bikram Yoga is done in a heated room, usually between 110-115 degrees Fahrenheit for 90 minutes. I had been avoiding going to yoga since my injury so I found it quite hot for my first time back. I really enjoy doing yoga mixed with my running training because I find it loosens my muscles, especially my hips. I find that it gets my heart rate quite high as well so I get a good workout in.

I am headed to Montreal this weekend to coach an ultimate team from my high school. I will get some shorter runs in while I am there and then get a long run in on Monday when I get back to Vancouver.

On a side note, P & G released a great promotional video for the London 2012 Olympics, I like it a lot, check it out. 

1 comment: