Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Sun Run and purple toes

I had a surprisingly lovely time at the Sun Run on Sunday. My parents were out visiting from Toronto, so both them and my boyfriend were cheering at the race and managed to move around so they could spot me four different times. My dad took a cute photo of me looking at my mum and laughing somewhere on Beach Ave. My time was slow, but it was what I expected and I felt a lot more comfortable during this race than I did at the Harry's Spring Run-Off in March. I guess training is working!


I don't think I want to do any races with that many people again. It's fun to see so many people participating and being active, but it's pretty awful weaving around people as much as you have to at the Sun Run. But I do feel like a proper Vancouverite now that I've done it once! Really, it just made me look forward to the Scotiabank half.

After I got home on Sunday and took off my shoes, I noticed that two of the toenails on my left foot were looking a little purple from bruising under the nail. Guess this makes me a real runner, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment