Friday, April 27, 2012

Running has spoiled me

I went to the gym after work yesterday. I wanted to get a quick workout in before my oral surgery today (yes, ouch) and I had already done my Wednesday run with the Forerunners Scotiabank Half-Marathon training clinic. Time for some crosstraining for fun. I was on the stationary bike for about 15 minutes before a guy got on the bike two down from me and starting making these horrible "I'm working so hard" grunty breathing sounds. I got off the bike a few minutes later. Then I was over in the weights section and two people were just sitting on the weight benches, talking. Not lifting a single thing. I went to the mats, did some planks, and left. I realized as I left the gym that running has spoiled me. 


When I run, I don't have to deal with sweaty dudes grunting or people using the equipment I want. All I need is my shoes and the road and my will. (Well, and maybe my phone so I can listen to music and track my distance with the GPS...) 


Last week I ran 12K for the first time ever. I did intervals of 10 minutes running, 1 minute walking and it felt great the whole time. I think I find my long runs easier than my speed workouts. But my 14K run tomorrow will have to be postponed (hopefully just till Sunday) while I recover from my oral surgery today. Hate it when life gets in the way of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment