Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finalist - Vanessa Neufeld

Vanessa Neufeld


How will winning impact you?
It’s really important to me to live out a healthy lifestyle.  Enjoying activities like running, biking and snowboarding were a lot easier to do before I was pregnant. Now that I have a 6-mont- old baby, I want to prove to myself that it is possible to train for a half-marathon amidst the crazy wonderfulness of being a new mom. I would love some coaching on what I can do to train other than strapping my baby in the jogging stroller and running until nap time is over! Winning this contest will help me stay motivated to exercise regularly and establish an active lifestyle to model to my daughter as she grows up. 

Why is your charity of choice important to you?
Many of us know someone who has autism; Health Canada gives the incidence of Autism Spectrum Disorders as 1 in 150 or 160 children. I have been working with children with autism for almost a decade. I know that autism not only affects the child but greatly affects the child’s family as well. The Canucks Autism Network seeks to make the lives of those affected by autism a little easier. By providing enriching recreational, social or vocational programs and educational programs that build awareness or teach about inclusion or empathy, the Canucks Autism Network helps put a smile on the faces of children I work with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment