Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finalist - Emma Lawson

Emma Lawson


How will winning impact you?
Winning the contest would give me the motivation I need to keep running and training. I’m a new runner, and having something to train for is what actually gets me out the door. This would be my first half-marathon and only my second race ever. To run and train with support from the Canada Running Series and everyone following on Facebook and the website would make me feel like it’s actually possible to complete a half-marathon! 

Why is your charity of choice important to you?
I chose to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada because of a personal connection. My mother has myeloma, a type of blood cancer, and both she and my father have been running and walking with the LLSC for years to raise money for research to fight these cancers. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has brought so many people together to train for races and raise funds through their Team in Training program, which I think is fantastic as a new runner and as a family member of something with a blood cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment