Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finalist - Hannah Francis

Hannah Francis

How will winning impact you?
It would be a great privilege to be chosen. I think it's great that an ordinary,relatively new runner can share their training journey with others (the highs & lows)-as I hit 40 on June 17th I think this would also be a great way to chart my last few weeks in my 30s and also bring my new decade in with a bang (and not hopefully a hobble!)-my hubby and kids are also planning to run the 5km again as we had such a fun time last year.

Why is your charity of choice important to you?
The Heart & Stroke foundation is my charity of choice- I lost my dad to heart disease suddenly 14 years ago at the age of 52.It  made me determined to keep fit and healthy so my kids don't have to experience such a loss.As an ICU RN I also see the impact of Heart disease & Stroke on a daily basis- I feel they do vital work in not only funding research but by providing education and support across Canada.This will be my 2nd year supporting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment