Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finalist - Jason Cameron


Jason Cameron


How will winning impact you?
Honestly, being one of the winners of the contest isn't about me. I don't enter these things typically. I like to run, not the greatest runner being 230+ pounds, but i sort of enjoy slugging it out every week. This is a good opportunity to entertain a whole bunch of people I probably don't know and hope that maybe a few of them may donate to my charity. I'm not doing this to impact me... I hoping it helps impact others. Not trying to sound heroic, just hoping that's what the "Average Joe" does.

Why is your charity of choice important to you?
My Mother. Now she's not your "Average Joe". Battling M.S. for over a decade, she struggles to walk and has to use a cane. Now she is the type that doesn't ask for help. She's volunteered with the elderly, even though a lot of them were better off than she. She helps out with the RCMP, heck, she'll even mow her lawn if no ones around. She does all this with zero good legs. I figure I got two perfectly good ones. She would run this to raise money for charity if she could... So I will for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment