Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finalist - Amanda McNally

Amanda McNally


How will winning the Joe Runner Contest impact you?
I'm a busy mom of two incredible kids (2 and 5) who works part time, so its easy to come up with excuses.  Winning this contest would help to hold me accountable which I NEED.  It would also allow me to share my challenges and successes which would propel me to work harder.  I never thought I'd be a runner (have only been running for just over a year), never mind training for a half marathon.  This is a huge challenge for me and its a bit scary.  Luckily, I am trying to conquer the things that scare me.  I look forward to checking this one off.


Why is your charity of choice important to you?

In 2009 my grandmother passed away after a long battle with this disease.  To describe what it is like to watch a disease like this slowly take over someone you love is terrifying.  I hope that one day we will be able to prevent anyone else from facing this disease and that no other family will have to watch their loved ones forget them or who they are.  My grandmother was a strong, amazing women whose family was everything.  To imagine what it was like for her drives me to support the Alzheimer Society of BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment