Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Motivation


One of Oliver's favourite places
I just wanted to write a short post today because it is my nephew, Oliver's, birthday.  As some of you know, Oliver is the reason  I started doing the Scotiabank 5 km run a few years back.  At that time I couldn't run more than 3 km without feeling out of breath and wiped out.  That year I was dealing with some pretty tough things personally and getting back out running again helped me to climb out of that dark place I was in. When my sister suggested participating in the 5 km run, and fund raising for the Fragile X Research Foundation, I was thankful to have something positive to focus on. Last year my Dad, sister, and I represented "Team Oliver" and did the run for the second time.  This year my goal for the Scotiabank run has changed to the half marathon but my motivation remains the same. I'm running for my  beautiful, joyful, 8 year old nephew Oliver.  Happy Birthday Ollie!

To donate to the Fragile X Research Foundation, please go to the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon and 5km charity page or you can try link below, which should take you to my personal fundraising page......if it works :) Thanks everyone!

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?SID=(!SolicitationID)&LangPref=en-CA

P.S. This week my sister had a beautiful essay about Oliver, entitled "Bird bingo with Frosty and the angel," published in the Globe and Mail and on the Fragile X Canada website. If you are interested in reading it you can find it at the link below.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/facts-and-arguments/fragile-x-syndrome-has-delayed-my-sons-development-will-he-ever-have-a-friend-who-isnt-made-of-wood/article17833467/


No comments:

Post a Comment