Thursday, April 10, 2014

Anima Sana In Corpore Sano - A sound mind in a sound body

What a gorgeous week! Spring makes me so happy! :)

Since my last post, I am feeling better about my training and getting out of the little “funk” I was in.  I am back on my training schedule, but incorporating more cross training and yoga due to a hip injury. I am also foam rolling and doing some myofascial release techniques to help ease the pain which I believe is coming from my Tensor Fascia Lata.  Oh the things you learn on Google! :)



This past week on a few of my runs I decided to ditch the GPS and stop obsessing over my pace and just run. It was Awesome! It was so enjoyable, and I found myself to be in a much better head space and enjoying my run. I had read some articles which spoke about running for feel and not focusing so much on your pace which I found very interesting so I decided to try it out. Best decision! I suggest everyone try this if they feel they are becoming too focused on their pace and losing sight of running for health and lifestyle. This is to not say that challenging yourself and your PB is not important, but rather a nice reminder of how rejuvenating running can be.    

Thank you Asics!
I am also breaking in my new Asics Gel Excel 33 which I LOVE. They are actually my first pair of Asics and now I know what all the hype is about!! Fun factoid…Did you know Asics is an acronym for the Latin phrase “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” which means "A sound mind in a sound body".  Love it!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment