Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sunshine...some of the best medicine!



After work jog in New West

What a gorgeous week!! I love how the beautiful weather brings out happiness in people! Weather like this makes being a runner easy…all those cold, rainy runs are long forgotten, as sunshine warms our souls. :)

The past few weeks have been a struggle for me, dealing with a Tensor Fasciae Latae injury, however this past week I am feeling stronger and the pain has lessened quite a bit. I have been doing targeted stretching for my TFL and exercises to help strengthen my gluteus medius. My Mom, a retired Physiotherapist, explained to me this helps to unload the TFL. If you are having hip pain and think it may be your TFL this is a good article. 
This morning I was able to run 6km without too much pain; which is awesome considering 3 weeks ago I could not run at all and experienced a constant nagging pain in my hip. So needless to say, things are looking up and I am so happy and grateful to be running consistently again. I hope you are all enjoying this awesome weather!

Happy Running!  
Early Morning Jog in New West

No comments:

Post a Comment