Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Getting Anxious....

The past week I have been struggling with some feelings of anxiety. With the race in less than a month, I am feeling less prepared than I was last year at my first half marathon. Some of my more experienced running friends have shared that they found their second half marathon to almost be harder than their first as they knew what they were getting into.  


I must say I am feeling as though this may be happening to me.  I remember last year at my first half I was nervous and anxious, but it was a different ‘unknown/excited’ type of anxiousness. This year it is more of a ‘oh crap, I know what is coming and I feel as though I am not ready’ kind of anxiousness.

 
This year I have also struggled with injuries and sickness which I had not experienced last year. This has definitely impacted my training and how prepared I feel.  So I am trying not to panic and stick with my plan. I still hope to beat my time from last year (2:05:17), however I am trying to not get hung up on that, and just enjoy the experience while continuing to stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment