Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Taper Time!

I can’t believe we are less than 2 weeks away to the Scotiabank Half Marathon! Are you ready?
 
This past weekend I had a great training weekend. I hiked up Dog Mountain with a close friend of mine early Saturday morning and then completed my last long run of 19kms early Sunday morning. I felt fantastic! It was such a beautiful weekend and it was so nice to be able to get outside, de-stress and enjoy everything that BC has to offer!
 
Dog Mountain XT day :)
 
My long run went quite well with my hip only beginning to pain around the 16km point. All that stretching I have been doing is paying off! I am however feeling very physically tired this week – I think this is because I have not been as diligent in ensuring my body receives the proper nutrition to fuel my runs. This is something I am still learning about. I have read about nutrition and running, however sometimes I find it to be overwhelming as there are so many different pieces of advice out there and I do not know where to start.  If anyone has any resources surrounding nutrition and running please let me know as this is something I need to gain a better understanding of. 

 


Now that we are just over 10 days out its Taper Time. These are two of my favourite weeks of training because it means the finish line is drawing near and I am one step closer to completing my goal. Such an awesome feeling, I cannot wait to cross the finish line!
 
Happy Running! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment