Monday, June 16, 2014

6 Days, 1 Bad Cold

It is six days to the Scotiabank Half Marathon and unfortunately I am facing another obstacle. My training, and managing my injuries, was going really well.  However, this past Friday I came down with a bad cold that still has me spending most of my days lying on the couch.  I was supposed to do my last long run of 15 km on Saturday but wasn't able to.  I haven't run since last Thursday, which has me freaking out a bit.  So much for tapering off my running.  Instead I have come to an abrupt halt :)  Mostly, I'm just worried that I won't be better by Sunday.  I've worked pretty hard and have put in many kilometers so I will be heart broken if I'm not healthy enough to run my best on Sunday. I guess there is no sense stressing too much as that isn't going to help me get better.  One day at a time. :)

My nephew Oliver at Crescent Beach
Thank you to everyone who has sponsored and supported me so far! For those of you who have not yet had a chance to donate, there is still plenty of time for you to go to my fundraising page and donate to the Fragile X Research Foundation.  Sick or not I will be out running on Sunday. :) Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment