Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Final Stretch!

T-minus 5 days. How are you feeling? I am experiencing a mixture of emotions. Some days I think I am not ready, while other days I feel like nothing could stop me (those days rock).  My tapering has been going well and I have had some nice, continuous runs where I did not need to stop and walk, however my min/km is quite a bit slower than it was last year. I would love to beat my PB on Sunday, yet I am being realistic that I may not and I am slowly accepting this. I am working on focusing on the experience of the race and staying injury free so I can continue running after the race….which has really been challenging due to my competitive streak.   
 
 
As the finish line is in sight, I am happy to have that little extra inspiration from people in my life to keep pushing me through those days when self-doubt creeps in. Like my boss who just completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer – riding her bike over 200 kms in 2 days!!! That is amazing….my tush hurts just thinking about it!! My Mom and Dad, both 60 years old, annihilating their first 10 km race finishing just over the 53 minute mark! And my sister Aly, whose passion for fitness is contagious and inspires me daily to lead a healthier, active lifestyle.  
 Also, the women at Servants Anonymous Surrey, who day in and day out continue to grow, heal and overcome the oppression and exploitation they have endured, inspire me to keep going. Getting to know some of these amazing women and training with them over the last few weeks has been wonderful and I am so excited for them to run their first race this weekend!  
 Witnessing others struggle, persevere and conquer their goals, is amazing motivation and inspiration. If they can do it…I can do it and if I can do it…you can do it!  See you Race Day :)
Happy Running!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment