Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Unexpected break in training

Blech - I hate being sick. I had managed to make it all winter/spring so far without getting the dreadful, lingering cold that it seems everyone else had. I thought I was in the clear; I was watching my diet, exercising and I felt good - really good - until last Wednesday morning.

I was very pumped after finishing my longer run last weekend (10Km) because I ran it in just over an hour (1h 2m) which was faster by about 3 minutes than my previous 10 Km time. While for some that might be a little slow, this was a big improvement to me and it is exciting to see the training starting to pay off. So I was extra disappointed with getting sick because I have been worried it will slow my training down. Sigh. Not much to do except let the body rest.



I had a small mini run for about 25 minutes on Monday and it was quite difficult - I can't figure out if I should rest 100 % until I feel better or do some more mini runs and just try things a little slower until I can work up to the same level I was before? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on that? I don't want to completely lose all the gain in my training while I recuperate. I might try another shorter run tonight and  just take it day-by-day!

Hope everyone else has managed to avoid this nasty cold going around.



No comments:

Post a Comment