Sunday, April 21, 2013

Serious training & even more serious fundraising

This morning, I ran 21 km as part of my training for the Scotiabank Half. I'm a little sore tonight, but it's a good kind of pain when you know your body is gaining muscle & strength!

My regular running partner is in Italy, so I ran along with others in the running group. A big bonus to running groups is you get to meet different people, learn their motivations & hear their personal triumphs & trials (all while running)!

I'm pleased to report I have started my fundraising for Children's Wish by posting this collage on my Facebook account and have received very positive response that I'm currently at 89% of my $1000 goal! If this momentum keeps up, I just might be able to increase my fundraising goal. Thank you! Anyone motivated to donate to this cause can go to:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1725434&langPref=en-CA


Lastly, a big thank you to Scotiabank Half Marathon & Asics for my Asics gear (shirt, shorts, shoes, socks & cap). Goodnight everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment