Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Back on track - AND new skinny jeans to boot!

Well about a month ago, I was in the midst of this nasty cold and boy did it linger. It has really only been just over a week since I have started getting back into the swing of things again.

It is a little disappointing since I was really starting to run faster, improving my speed and feeling good about running when I got waylaid by that nasty cold. BUT...with that being behind me now, I am determined to finish well - I am not as fast nor do I have the same endurance I did over a month ago but it's slowly starting to build up again.

My girlfriend and I went to Kits on Sunday for our long run - managed to just avoid the rain which was great and while it seemed a bit harder while we were running, afterwards I felt great.



I try to explain to people why I am doing this and how running makes me feel and it is hard to describe; yes, it can be hard and some days I need a little encouragement to go but ...when I  do - I feel like I can take on the world! Nothing can beat that. Plus...I got to do some shopping in Seattle a couple of weeks ago and I treated myself to a beautiful pair of new pants-in one size down!!! Wahoo.

For the next weeks my goal is consistency - I know I can do this distance but I want to do it the best that I can! Who knows what else will happen?? ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment