Sunday, May 26, 2013

Back to training

I haven't run for the past 2 weeks because I went on vacation with my family to Disneyland (Anaheim) & a cruise. We ate out for breakfast, lunch & dinner and no running, so I feel like I gained about 10 pounds, but to my surprise when I got home to weigh myself there was no change. Whew, I thought. However, all that lack of running I feel like I lost some muscle mass. Today, we ran almost 17 km and it felt great! The weather was cloudy and cool; perfect weather for running (in my opinion). My legs feel like mush right now, which tells me my muscles are building up again. 

2 years ago I never would have seen myself as a runner. I always thought if I started doing any form of exercise, that I would need to keep it up so why start? Today I realize how important my running is to my overall health. Although, I haven't quite reached the level of commitment to healthy living that I would run during my vacation. Taking small steps. That's my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment