Sunday, March 24, 2013

Great start to Spring

So today I ran the Spring Run Off Vancouver (SROV) 8 km race at Stanley Park with my running partner Maria. We ran a steady 5'30" pace (5 1/2 minutes per km) and ended up finishing 8 km in 45 minutes. This is our personal best, so I'm very happy to have been able to do it. Thanks to Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon (SVHM) for giving me the free entry as part of winning the Joe Runner contest package which includes Asics shirt, shorts & runners, SVHM and SROV entry fees.

To top off a great run, I run into the other Joe Runners Judy & Karen, after the race. I'm glad we got the chance to exchange positive running experiences and, of course, take some group shots!

All this running is tiring, but seriously worth the sweat! I gain my energy thinking of my daughter Jenna who has a hard time just walking one block due to her low muscle tone and heart condition. I have no excuse.

In case you haven't visited my fundraising page for Children's Wish Foundation yet, go check it out and if you're feeling generous please give: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1725434&langPref=en-CA

Thanks. Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment