Friday, March 15, 2013

A (not so) brief introduction to "Joe Runner - Karen"

Alright ... well here goes.  My official entrance into the blogging world!

Well, let me introduce myself...

I am Karen Tattersall one of the three "Joe Runners" for the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon 2013.  I'm amazed that I made it to the top three. A little bit of harassment of my facebook friends (as well as coworkers, friends, family ....) and incessant facebook updates and low and behold - here I am, along with Aubrey Delima & Judy Jeyes.

I am very thankful for this opportunity, and want to take this opportunity to thank a few of the major sponsors! So, big shout outs go to:

Scotiabank, Asics, Gatorade, and Powerbar.

THANK YOU!!!!

A lot of you may be wondering what a "Joe Runner" is, well here is the description that was given to prompt applicants

What's JOE RUNNER? We're looking for three beginner to average runners who want to complete this year's Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon. We will help you with your training for the Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon, provide you with an entry into the run, suit you up in a new ASICS running kit (Shoes, Shirt, Shorts), plus even give you an entry to the Spring Run-Off 8k!
As you can see, it's pretty awesome ... ergo I'm pretty EXCITED!

One of the commitments I had to make once being chosen to be in the top 10 was to fundraise for a chosen cause.  Luckily the list of charities is off the charts, so finding something I would be passionate about was easy, however choosing just one was hard. 
I chose to fundraise for the BC Cancer Foundation, a foundation that is very very close to my heart. I can't even find one person that hasn't seen this disease either first hand or known someone who has - it's everywhere!!!! And with research into the disease we can figure out ways to thwart it.  This is where I ... and YOU come in. 

I am hoping that after reading this quick little entrance, you will take the opportunity to donate to the BC Cancer Foundation through my personal fundraising page... no amount is too small - anything from single digits to multiple (if you feel so inclined, heehee).

So please, if cancer has touched you and made you frown at least once, this is your chance to do something about it.  Donate!!

You can help support me by making a secure online donation using your credit card. Click on the link below:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=3618892&LangPref=en-CA

Thanks in advance!!!

This blog will also be a log of all the blood, sweat and tears that goes into training for the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon.  Sounds horrible, but I'm looking forward to it.  So see you soon!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment