Friday, March 30, 2012

Vancouver Views

Today, I woke up and noticed that there was a little bit of sun coming through the clouds. I ate a quick breakfast and headed out on one of my favourite routes that I think has one of the best views in the city on a sunny day. We all know we don’t get a lot of sun these days in Vancouver so I try and capitalize on these days as much as possible. I made my way from Kits down 8th Avenue heading towards UBC. The only downfall to this run is there are quite a few large hills but totally worth it once you get to the top! There is a great view once you get to West Point Grey Academy and Trimble Park. This photo doesn’t do the view justice – I will have to bring my camera next time so you can truly appreciate the gorgeous sights this city has to offer. It ended up being a great 9km run with various hills which was challenging. 
http://bluliving.com/neighbourhoods
Since moving to Vancouver, about a year and a half ago, I still find myself searching for new running routes to utilize the beautiful sights. I find that trying new routes and seeing different areas in the city switches things up in my training, adds variety and motivates me to go for a run.  

Where is your favourite view when you go running in Vancouver? 

No comments:

Post a Comment