Sunday, March 25, 2012

Harry's Spring Run Off

I was already awake at 6:00am this morning and it wasn't even Natallie on the baby monitor that woke me up, it was that darn woodpecker outside our bedroom window. Oh well, I was so excited and anxious that I couldn't sleep anymore anyways. After I nursed Natallie and tried to eat some toast, my husband and I packed up everything for the baby and drove out to Stanley Park. I was so excited that the weather was so unbelievably gorgeous! It was around 9:00am when we arrived, my anxiety was pretty much gone and my excitement was building as I saw the start and finish line. I kissed my husband and baby and got into the starting area and did a little warm-up with the other runners. By the time I crossed the starting gate, my adrenaline was already pumping and I was off! And what can I say? The run was perfect, the route was so scenic, my ipod playlist was awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Plus I even finished the race in 42:26, not too shabby given that I was still pregnant less than 8 months ago! Now, there's only 20 days left until the 10K Vancouver Sun Run! Wooo hoo! I can't wait for another timed run event, I get such a kick out of running with everyone! Here's some photo highlights of the day:
What a b-e-a-tiful day for a run!

Hooray! Finished the race in 42:26!

Action shot of me racing to the finish line!

My biggest fans: my baby Natallie and my husband Simon

It was Natallie's first time out at Stanley Park too!

After the race, we put Natallie on the swings at playground for the first time!



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Vanessa, you have done sooooo well! I'm just so proud of you! It's wonderful that your husband is so supportive, what a guy! And then there's Natallie, all smiles and proud of her mama too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation, Nessy! You're so blessed with gorgeous weather and supportive family. Keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Nessie!! Great job! And Natallie is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete