Friday, May 20, 2011

21.1 Kilometers. On 2 Feet. For 1 Big Reason.

Why Was I Chosen?

I signed up to be a Joe Runner to help raise awareness about adoption and BC's Waiting children. This is my first half marathon, and I needed a very good reason to get me motivated! I found that in the Adoptive Families Association of BC and Team Adopt.
I'm running in honour of the hundreds of children - from babies to teens who are waiting for a family. 

I'm honoured to be running the Scotia Bank Half, and I'm thankful for this opportunity to share my training, motivation, and adventures. 

So far I've gained a new appreciation for the miracle of lycra, a serious desire for a pedicure, and a belief that even this almost-30 mommy can give back in a good way.

It's 36 days until the run! Have you found your motivation yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment