Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Excuses for not running

Before I started training for this half-marathon, I still liked running but I never ran as consistently as I am running now. I used to have a whole bunch of really lame excuses why I couldn't go out for a run..."it's raining" "I'm too tired" "my good shorts are in the wash" "I don't have a time for a shower after" "I don't have good songs on my iPod playlist" etc. but now I realize it's all about discipline and motivation......and it's a good thing I still have that going for me because for some reason Natallie is no longer sleeping through the night anymore. For the past 3 weeks, I've been forced to get up at 3:00am for about an hour, nursing, rocking, soothing a cranky,tired baby back to sleep. I feel like now more than ever, I could say, "I'm just too tired!" and feel justified that it's not an excuse. It's a roadblock but I'm determined to summon up the engergy, tie up my laces and get those KM's in. On Sunday last week, I was so tired after putting Natallie back to bed a couple of times but I pushed myself to get out for my long run and did 16 km's. Yesterday, I slept in 3 hour intervals...Natallie was up at midnight, 3:00am and just past 6:00am. Bleck! Somehow, I managed to still run 7K around the Fraser golf course. So I'm just saying if I can still get out there for my runs when I'm sort of a walking zombie, you can too. No more excuses for not running, just get out there, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment