Sunday, June 9, 2013

Scotia Half route attempted

This morning my running buddies & I took the bus to UBC to start our long run, following the Scotia Half Marathon route. I was feeling a bit nervous with running 21 km today because I haven't run for two weeks due to child care issues. I started off strong, feeling I could do this! The weather turned from cloudy to full sun, and by 10 km I was feeling a little overheated. I tried to run in the shade as much as I could. By 15 km, my right big toe was in a lot of pain every time I put my weight on it that I decided to stop running and told my buddies to keep going without me. I took this photo at 15 km, convincing myself I can still run. Unfortunately, I walked the remaining distance. I am disappointed I couldn't get myself to finish the last 6 km! Then again, I didn't want to push myself to the point of injury that I can't do the half marathon altogether. It's in two weeks!!!! I am very excited & nervous at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment