Sunday, June 23, 2013

Perfect Race!

All I can say is WOW!  The route was perfect.  The weather was perfect.  The volunteers and cheering squads were all perfect.  My experience of the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon 2013 was so positive from beginning to end.  Well done to the organizers of this event. I am so thankful for the opportunity to participate in it.  What made it all even sweeter is that I beat my personal best record!  Last year, I ran my first half marathon and finished at 2:23.  This race, I was not expecting too much because my training was not as focused and to be honest, just to finish it with both legs intact was my goal.  I finished at 2:14.  Bonus ;)

After the race, my running buddies and I met at Children's Wish Foundation booth.  We raised $1405 for Children's Wish!  Thank you to all who donated to a great cause.  Thank you to my running team for being a great source of support.  Thank you to Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & Asics for allowing me to be a Joe Runner this year.  It was an experience of a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment